Beginning in September 2021 Communication Options will be launching a new play based intervention program. A program for 3 & 4 year old children to build a foundation in communication, socialization, and play skills for school readiness.
What is the focus?
-Expanding speech and language skills within a play based experience.
-Supporting the development of social skills, cooperative play, following routines and directions.
-Improving attention and focus.
-Fostering communication and interaction skills that support success in Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten.
Who is it for:
Children ages 3 and 4 who:
· Are shy and hesitant to speak in a large group
· Need to support to develop play and social interactions
· Are behind in their development of speech or language – errors in sounds or grammar
· Need support to listen and follow directions within a group setting
· Would benefit from direct therapy with a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)
· Children who are showing typical development but would like to continue expanding language
for thinking, learning, problem solving and creativity as well as strong pre-literacy skills.
What is offered:
· Classes run twice a week for 2.5 hours (9:00-11:30) Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday
· Small class size of 8 participants and a 1:4 child -adult ratio (plus an additional SLP)
· Access to direct therapy for speech sounds and language skills from an SLP
· Invoiced sessions for insurance claims reimbursement
· Additional practice opportunities embedded into class activities.
· Classes are supported by 2 Speech Language assistants and one Speech Language pathologist.
· $400.00/ month
· Invoices up to $240.00/month for individual therapy during class time to claim back through
Where are we located:
Our Partners in Play site is located in central Red Deer at B 5123 – 48th Street
Please complete the registration form below
Email to: email@example.com
https://www.mommyspeechtherapy.com - Under free downloads you will find materials for practising speech sounds.
https://ei.northwestern.edu - Click on resources and choose toy recommendations - fun play ideas with everyday objects and common toys.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=learn+with+adrienne - These fun short videos demonstrate how to support language and play skills with a variety of common everyday objects - check out tape, cloth, books and straws to get started.
https://www.alberta.ca/creating-language-rich-environments.aspx - Created by SLPs, Talk Box is a great resource with practical tips for supporting language. Check out Everyday and Everyway link to see monthly ideas.